Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ready PASS but who to meet?

We arrived yesterday at Seattle after traveling for 19 hours strait. After checking into The Paramount Hotel we went to Fox Sports Grill. They had everything a guy is looking for. Football on TV, Streaks on white toasted  bread and a beer :) Great evening.

Normally I feel very uncomfortable meeting new people so I try to avoid it. But reading up on all the great tips for SQL PASS Summit and what I see over and over again is the words networking and meeting new people. So I decided that to get the most out of this I will try to meet some new people each day.

And to insure that I at least meet some new people I will put it into writing that I will at least try to meet the following people:

Brent Ozar
This guy really kicked my interest into diving deeper into the SQL Server. I attended one of his online web casts on how to take over a SQL Server. I was so excited after hearing his enthusiasm about the SQL Server. I thing they where three guys and the really had a lot of fun. I was sold and he might be the reason why (besides my company how send me) I'm here today. He kick started things for us. So this guy I want to meet.

Jes Borland
I joined twitter to figure out more about this Summit and to try to learn some people beforehand. And this girl are hard to miss on twitter :) She is a sheer energy bomb. She has already, even though she is quite young, done so much. Actually I thing she is running her first half marathon today. I can relate to this. I remember every inch of my first half marathon a couple of year ago. This girl I just have to meet.

Pinal Dave
I have used a script for many years to find unused indexes. This was blog post has been my first bookmark in the browsers bookmark bar. So this is used quite a lot. I find out that this post well the entire blog is written by Dave and he is coming to the Summit as well. So this would be kind of fun to get a chance to say thanks and let him know what a important part of my DBA life this one post has.

Jason Strate
Well have you seen his videos pre-con :) I'm still laughing just thinking about it :D Well him and his wife are very dedicated to the SQL Server community. I like to meet people like that which burns with such passion for there "believes" :) And then he is from Minnesota. I lived there for a year (go Vikings :) - I even brought my Vikings Bret Farve jersey). This time in MN I have looked back up for the last 26 years with a lot of joy So him and his wife I like to meet.

And many more...
There are a lots of out people I like to meet but lets start here. And if you see me at the summit and are not afraid of new people like me - please come and say Hi to me. You can find me on twitter as well.

Now its time for a hot bath and some breakfast before we go out to see Seattle. I need to get a convert for my electronic equitment and then I would like to see if its possible to buy a small mobil data packet just for this week. The iPhone are best with data but it cost the tip of an fighter jet (so my boss says) on our Danish mobil provider when we are over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment